When you leave your home each day, we know that you expect everything to go about the same way it did the day before. However, there are times when the negligence or carelessness of other people can cause us harm and we need to know where to turn.
The Compass Law Group is here when you need a Glendale catastrophic injury attorney. We will work tirelessly to investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve. Today, we want to talk about a recent crane collapse at a construction site.
This Is A Tragic Crane Collapse Case
This story takes us a bit out of our coverage area and over to nearby Oxnard. Early in April, there was a crane collapse at a construction site in the city. One man was declared dead at the scene.
“A crane was lifting part of a concrete wall when it failed and collapsed, and part of it struck the man,” said a fire department spokesperson.
A second construction worker injured his hands in the collapse and was taken to the hospital. The construction site was closed until Cal/OSHA performed an inspection. No foul play was suspected in the incident.
Major Injuries Can Happenin a Crane Collapse
When we discuss catastrophic injuries, we are talking about serious injuries that can completely alter a person’s way of life. In most cases, the injuries leave lasting physical or cognitive disabilities. Today, we want to review a list of some of these injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries – these serious injuries often cause both temporary or permanent damage that affects a person’s cognitive abilities as well as their mobility. More than 5.3 million people are living with disabilities from traumatic brain injuries in the United States.
- Spinal cord injuries – the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center says that around 300,000 people are living with spinal cord injuries in the US. The costs of treating these injuries vary depending on the severity of the injury but can reach over $1 million for the first year of care.
- Internal organ damage – there is more going on inside our bodies than outside so we need to treat internal injuries just as serious as highly visible injuries. Internal organ damage and bleeding can lead to long-term disabilities.
- Amputations – losing a limb is a life-altering experience that can significantly impact a person’s ability to work or enjoy the things they are used to.
What Happens Next?
Catastrophic injuries can completely change the lives of victims and their families. After an incident that causes a major injury, you may need legal assistance. At the Compass Law Group, you can count on being in good hands as we work to investigate what happened. Contact us today!
Our knowledgeable and experienced team wants to secure the compensation you need for all of your injury-related expenses. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost income and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering/loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible