When Brandon Nelson, a 32-year-old firefighter, got on an electric scooter last month, the last thing he expected was the end up unconscious in the emergency room.
Unfortunately, that is exactly what happened.
“My friends told me I looked like a human missile,” said Nelson.
These scooters have taken over many large cities across the country over the last year, particularly in California. Los Angeles is no exception. We have seen many problems arise with these scooters, from injuries happening to those who ride them to pedestrian accidents.
At the Compass Law Group, we know that these electric scooters are just another way that people can get hurt due to someone else’s negligence. Do you know what to do if someone else causes you harm?
If you need a Los Angeles personal injury attorney, we will be by your side, working to secure the compensation you need for all of your accident-related expenses.
How People Get Hurt
While not all injuries are caused by other people’s negligence, we know that many are. In the story above, we see that electric scooters have been causing many injuries. Let’s look at some other ways personal injury cases arise:
- Property Accidents – when you are invited to go onto someone else’s property, the property owner has a duty to ensure your safety and security. This includes making sure that spills are cleaned in a store, that parking lots are well-lit, and that all parts of a property are well-maintained.
- Vehicle Accidents – if you are hurt in a vehicle accident that was caused by someone else, you may have a personal injury case, particularly if insurance will not cover all of the accident-related expenses. If the accident was caused by a drunk or distracted driver, seek legal assistance.
- Bad Products – if you or a loved one are injured by something you use or consume, you may have both a product liability case as well as a personal injury case. This can include things like vehicles, foods, medicines, cosmetics, etc.
- Workplace Accidents – employers are responsible for ensuring that their employees are safe. This includes making sure they provide property safety gear and proper training to all employees.
- Violence – whether it is a case of robbery, attempted murder, domestic violence, or other forms of violence, you have the right to pursue the perpetrator for damages.
What Are Your Options
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another person or company, seek legal assistance immediately. We know that any injury can set you back. After an accident that requires medical treatment, the bills will start coming in. If your injury prevents you from working, you may struggle to pay bills.
Will your insurance cover all of these expenses?
At the Compass Law Group, we want to make sure you are treated fairly and that you receive all the compensation you deserve in the aftermath of an accident.