While the convenience of Amazon Prime deliveries cannot be denied, neither can the dangers of accidents involving their vehicles. At Compass Law Group, LLP, our attorneys have been handling Amazon Prime accident cases since the beginning and continue to provide excellent legal representation to clients.
If you or a family member has suffered a severe injury due to the negligence of an Amazon Prime truck driver, contacting our experienced Amazon Prime accident attorneys is a strong first step toward receiving the compensation you deserve. Once you get in touch with us, we will investigate your claim, including the accident site, police reports, medical data, and witness accounts. More than that, we will closely examine the possible liability of the driver, the Amazon company, and any third parties involved.
Common Causes of Amazon Prime Accidents
It is no surprise that Amazon Prime accidents occur with some frequency since the company delivers billions of packages annually and since each delivery truck driver is tasked with delivering dozens of packages daily. There are multiple reasons that Amazon Prime drivers are at increased risk for causing accidents, including that they:
- Often drive in heavy traffic
- Are expected to meet high-pressure deadlines and may therefore speed or otherwise drive recklessly, in spite of weather and road conditions
- Are often distracted by their smartphones, GPS devices, and delivery lists
- Work long hours and so are more likely to be fatigued or sleepy than the average driver
- Must at times stop, leaving their trucks double-parked — sometimes causing accidents even when they are not at the wheel
Why You Need Our Amazon Prime Accident Attorneys
Amazon is well-known for avoiding liability in delivery accidents. For one thing, the company considers its delivery personnel to be contractors rather than employees, and claims it therefore bears no vicarious liability. Amazon avoids liability by using cars, trucks, and vans owned by other companies, some of which do not even bear the Amazon’s corporate logo.
Also, a great many delivery drivers dropping off packages for Amazon work under a third-party company that Amazon hires, such as Fed-Ex, UPS, DHL Express, and the U.S. Postal Service. While Amazon’s drivers have Flex Insurance that covers up to $50,000 in property damage and $1 million in damages to third-party vehicles and bodily injuries, the other companies have their own insurance as well.
The complexities of dealing with such a huge corporation and various types of insurance coverage necessitate having a savvy law team on your side. Our Amazon Prime accident lawyers have familiarity with ins and outs of all issues surrounding negotiations and litigation in this area, so we are extremely well-prepared to fight for your rights even when it means tackling powerful foes.
In Amazon Prime accidents, the defendant of our lawsuit may vary among:
- The driver of the vehicle
- The Amazon corporation that, as noted, so far remains well-protected against lawsuits
- A third-party shipping company, such as UPS or FedEx
- The vehicle manufacturer (e.g. if the vehicle had defective brakes)
- Another driver who may have been at fault
- The city, state, or county responsible for maintaining the road on which the accident occurred (which may have been improperly repaired or cleared of debris)
Nonetheless, in spite of all this insurance, neither Amazon’s insurance nor any other provider will turn over funds easily. You will need an experienced attorney to fight for your cause and sort things out if you are to get the compensation you are entitled to receive. Compass Law Group is proficient at navigating negotiations both in and out of the courtroom. We not only have a fine record of successful client outcomes but will charge you no attorneys’ fees until we recover damages.
The Amazon Prime accidents in which you are most likely to be able to tap into Amazon’s deep pockets are accidents with Amazon Fresh grocery service delivery vehicles. Because these drivers are considered Amazon employees, you can file a lawsuit against the company itself which has a $1,000,000 accident liability policy.
Serious Injuries You May Have Suffered in an Amazon Prime Accident
In any type of traffic accident, injuries may range from minor to catastrophic. Among the serious injuries an individual can suffer in an Amazon Prime accident are:
- Multiple fractures
- Organ damage
- Serious burns
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Loss of sight or hearing
At Compass Law Group, we firmly believe that these and other injuries that alter the course of your life are worthy of substantial compensation.
Damages We Will Fight to Win
Our Amazon Prime accident attorneys will fight tooth and nail to win a negotiated settlement or courtroom verdict that will provide you with damages you need to pay your bills and secure your future, such as:
- Medical and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income, present and future
- Property damage or loss
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability/ permanent disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Final medical costs, funeral costs, loss of financial and emotional support — in cases of wrongful death
Overwhelmed? Contact Our Experienced Amazon Prime Accident Attorneys
Being seriously injured is traumatic whatever the circumstances. Knowing that you are possibly facing an uphill climb toward restitution can make the situation even more distressing. The sooner you get in touch with our skilled, compassionate law team, the sooner you will feel the relief that comes with knowing that you have strong legal and moral support.