Los Angeles Improper Turning Accident Attorney
If you’ve been seriously injured in an improper turning accident in California, you are not alone. Improper turning accidents are among the top 10 reasons for traffic accidents in the state. If the other motorist was at fault, the outstanding car accident attorneys of Compass Law Group, PC are well-prepared to help you recover damages. We have many years of experience winning personal injury lawsuits and obtaining millions of dollars for our deserving clients who, through no fault of their own, have had their lives uprooted by another motorist’s improper turn.
Having successfully been through this process a great many times, we will use both proven and innovative strategies, depending on the particular circumstances, to negotiate a substantial settlement or, if necessary, to fight your case in court. Either way, you will have the benefit of our strong, flexible legal skills. Whether you have suffered a bone fracture or the tragedy of losing a family member to wrongful death, we can assist you in your quest for justice.
In order to prove your case and give you the space and time you need to recover, we will:
- Handle all negotiations with opposing attorneys and insurance companies
- Investigate the site of the accident, its terrain as well as any traffic lights or signs
- Examine police records in detail
- Interview witnesses
- Check into the other motorist’s driving and possible arrest record
- Find out whether the other party was distracted or impaired at the time of the accident
Although all licensed drivers in California have learned the rules of the road related to turning, some have forgotten them, some are not paying attention to the task at hand, and some flagrantly disobey them. Whatever the case in your accident, you are entitled to damages to cover your costs and your suffering, and our car accident attorneys know how to see that you receive it.
As we all know, there are far too many ways of violating traffic laws. While a certain number of improper turns occur without consequences, a great many result in accidents, some in catastrophic ones. The following are common types of improper turning, any of which can place the offending car in the direct path of another vehicle or even a pedestrian:
- Turning without signaling, known officially as “Improper Turn Signal Use”
- Making a prohibited right where a “No Turn on Red” sign is posted
- Making a turn at a stop sign or red light without coming to a complete stop
- Turning without yielding appropriate right-of-way to another vehicle or to a pedestrian
- Making an illegal or careless U-turn
- Making a turn from the wrong lane
Some improper turning accidents are caused by aggressive or reckless drivers who make a deliberate attempt to make an illegal turn, often while speeding, believing they will beat the odds. Others drivers are foolishly pressured to make improper turns by the honks of impatient drivers behind them. The majority of offenders, however, simply do not look carefully before making a turn. In some instances, bad weather — sun glare, rain, wet or icy roads, fog — or poor visibility due heavy smoke or dust, make the situation worse.
Whichever type of negligent driver caused your accident, you are entitled to substantial damages for your injuries. Though insurance companies are always looking out for their bottom line rather than your well-being, our car accident attorneys will always put your interests first. We will work tirelessly to see that the party who hurt you is held accountable and that you receive the substantial damages you need and deserve.
The serious injuries suffered in an improper turning accident may be life-altering. At the very least they will put you through unexpected challenges and a period of incapacity during which your income may be curtailed. Such injuries include:
- Bone Fractures, torn ligaments or tendons
- Back and neck injuries (e.g whiplash, herniated discs)
- Organ damage or loss
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Paralysis due to spinal cord injuries (paraplegia /quadriplegia)
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Head injuries: concussion, skull fracture, traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Wrongful death
At Compass Law Group, we’re well aware that whatever type of injury you have sustained, it is affecting not only you, but those you love. We will do everything we can to assist you and your family in getting back to the life you enjoy. If you have been through the tragedy of losing a family member to wrongful death, we can assure you that we will guide you through the disorientation of grief.
When you’ve been seriously injured in an improper turning accident, you are entitled to two basic kinds of damages: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages cover all actual costs pertaining to the accident, including:
- Medical and rehabilitative expenses
- Lost income, present and future
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Psychological counseling
- Alterations to your home to make it accessible
- Funeral costs, final medical expenses, loss of financial and emotional support (in cases of wrongful death)
Non-Economic damages, on the other hand, provide you with money to cover intangible, but very real consequences of the accident, such as:
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Permanent disability
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent scarring and other disfigurement
- Loss of sight or vision
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In certain situations, when the other driver’s misconduct was egregious and perhaps deliberate, the court may also award you punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed both to punish the outrageous behavior of the defendant and to prevent anyone else from engaging in such dangerous actions.
Once you contact us, we will begin fighting to win you the compensation you need to reconstruct your life. Let us take over the complications of filing a personal injury lawsuit and dealing with all legal and insurance matters. As soon as we take your case, we will begin using our significant talents to win you the damages to protect your future.
This list isn’t all-inclusive many personal injury suits have been raised based on different factors that aren’t included above. Our team of Los Angeles car accident attorneys can work on cases without anything out of pocket.
We’re old enough to have the necessary experience, yet young enough to use the most cutting-edge technology and tactics, and are determined enough to fight and outsmart the other side, every time.