At Compass Law Group, LLP, a highly esteemed personal injury practice with offices throughout California, we have a history of winning substantial damages for victims of car accidents. Not only do we have superb credentials, including being listed as one of The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers, but we pride ourselves on providing caring, customized service to each and every one of our clients. We know all too well that if you’ve been seriously injured in a reckless car accident you are dealing with far more than physical trauma.
Above and beyond having current, in-depth knowledge of California traffic law, our attorneys are experienced negotiators and litigators, having won millions of dollars for our deserving clients. Once we have determined that you have a viable case, we will listen carefully to your account of the accident. We will do everything in our power to make a difficult situation easier for you by coming to you if you are unable to travel. We may also be able to assist you if you are more comfortable in another language since we are fluent in Spanish and Farsi as well as English.
What does reckless driving mean?
In California, reckless driving is defined as operating a vehicle “in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.” Though all drivers make occasional mistakes, reckless drivers deliberately disregard speed limits, traffic signals, and rules of the road, giving no thought to those they endanger by their actions. They may weave through traffic, fail to signal, or otherwise demonstrate a lack of concern as well as lack of good judgment. They thoughtlessly risk heavy fines, points on their license, community service, and incarceration. Even worse, they risk harming themselves and all others on the road.
What actions are considered reckless driving?
Reckless drivers routinely do one, or more likely several, of the following:
- Tailgate, driving too close to the car in front of them
- Fail to stop at red lights, stop signs or stopped school buses
- Drive at speeds at least 15 miles over the posted speed limit (in California)
- Brake suddenly
- Make illegal turns or lane changes or fail to signal when turning or changing lanes
- Drive under the influence of street drugs, dangerous prescribed medications, or alcohol
- Drive while distracted by texting, talking, eating, fiddling with dials or mirrors
- Drive while sleepy
- Fail to use headlights at night or in bad weather
Injuries Caused in Reckless Driving Accidents
Whatever type of injury you have suffered as a result of a reckless driving accident, our sharp car accident attorneys are here to help. The range of such injuries is broad, including, but certainly not limited to:
- Back and neck injuries (e.g whiplash, herniated discs)
- Bone Fractures, torn ligaments, organ damage
- Head injuries: concussion, skull fracture, traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Paralysis due to spinal cord injuries (paraplegia /quadriplegia)
- Wrongful death
Severe injuries always have a negative impact on your life and the lives of those who love you. At best, they result in temporary incapacity, inability to work and enjoy your usual activities, physical pain, expense, and inconvenience. At worst, they result in long-term disability, life-long medical care, or wrongful death. Whatever your particular situation is, you need the dedicated services of our aggressive car accident attorneys to fight to obtain the damages you deserve
Damages Compass Law Group Attorneys Will Fight To Win for You and Your Family
Of course, no two cases are identical, but our law team is committed to working hard to meet your particular needs. For example, we have tables from which we can calculate approximately what your future medical expenses and/or lost wages will amount to. We will fight for your right to receive damages that will cover all of the following that applies:
- Medical, surgical, and rehabilitative costs
- Lost income (present and future)
- Property damage
- Home healthcare
- Psychological counseling
- Alterations to your home to make it accessible to you
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Funeral expenses, final medical expenses, lost support (in cases of wrongful death)
If the behavior of the reckless driver who caused your accident was especially awful and perhaps deliberate, we may be able to win you punitive damages over and above the economic and non-economic damages listed above.
The Sooner You Contact Us, the Sooner We Will Take the Burden Off Your Shoulders
Let’s face it, you are going through an overwhelming period, full of turmoil, pain, and uncertainty. Once you get in touch with our capable, compassionate car accident attorneys, you will be able to take a deep breath and focus on recovery. Call us now and let us do the heavy lifting.
- Bad Weather Accident Attorney
- Common Car Accident Injuries
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Head-on Collisions
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Improper Turning Accidents
- Rear-End Accident
- Road Construction Accidents
- Self-Driving Car Accidents
- Side Impact Collisions
- Speeding Accidents
Contact our experienced Los Angeles reckless driving accident attorney today.