Los Angeles Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Compass Law Group, LLP regularly represents motorcycle accident victims throughout the Los Angeles area. While riding a motorcycle increases your risk of being injured in a traffic accident, motorcyclists have a right to travel on our roads and highways. They also have the right to be safe as long as they follow the rules of the road.
If you have suffered a serious injury in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, we can help. When you become our client, you avail yourself of a motorcycle accident attorney with in-depth knowledge of California and federal law. Our team has developed proven legal strategies to help you obtain compensation for your injuries and losses. Please contact our office today so we can get to work on your motorcycle accident claim.
Because the largest motorcycle is much smaller than the smallest car and provides far less external protection when the two collide the motorcyclist is much more likely to be severely injured. If the two vehicles involved in the accident were moving very slowly or did not fully collide, the biker may be lucky enough to come away with “only”:
- One or more bone fractures that require casting and/or possible surgery
- Road rash, the painful abrasion caused by flesh rubbing against the pavement
- Lacerations that may only require bandaging or stitching to heal
- Severe bruising of the skin, muscle tissue, or even bone
- Musculoskeletal injuries, such as sprains or strains
- Minor neuromuscular injuries causing pain, tingling, spasms, or numbness
Though none of these injuries usually result in permanent damage, all of them are painful, incapacitating, and may involve a prolonged period of recovery.
Common Severe, Catastrophic or Fatal Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When at least one of the vehicles involved in the crash is moving at high speed and there is a direct impact, the person riding the motorcycle often suffers permanent harm that may necessitate hospitalization, extensive rehabilitation, long-term nursing care or result in wrongful death. Severe and catastrophic motorcycle injuries include:
- Internal bleeding that requires urgent care and may prove fatal
- Organ damage or loss that may weaken: the immune system (loss of spleen), breathing capacity (damage to or loss of a lung), digestion (damage to stomach or intestine), or kidney function
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) may negatively affect sensation, mobility, cognition, vision, hearing, ability to speak, mood or personality, sleep patterns
- Spinal cord injury that may result in partial or complete paralysis, sexual, urinary, or bowel dysfunction
- Loss of limb or necessity for amputation
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Severe musculoskeletal or neurological injury that may result in partial immobility or lack of sensation in a limb or other body part
- Burns may cause lung damage, searing pain, and permanent scarring, and frequently require extensive skin grafts
As you can see, the most serious common motorcycle injuries can, in a split second, change your life or result in your death. Whether or not your physical injuries are catastrophic, you may be plagued by emotional aftereffects of the accidents, such as generalized anxiety, depression, or PTSD.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys will provide you with a superior level of negotiation and litigation prowess and the emotional support you need to get through this challenging period.
Our customized services include:
- Fully investigating the accident site, evidence, and police report, and interviewing witnesses to determine the other driver’s fault for the motorcycle accident
- Examining the medical data that confirms and details your injuries
- Consulting with experts in related fields who may be able to testify on your behalf
- Creating a winning strategy with which we can approach negotiations and litigation
Even if you were partly to blame for the accident, our savvy lawyers will fight to win you maximum damages. In California, even if you bear more responsibility for the collision than the other driver, you are permitted to collect damages. Your award, however, will be reduced by the percentage of your fault. For example, if you are awarded $200,000 in damages and the court finds that you were 50 percent at fault, your award will be halved and you will receive $100,000. Don’t worry though — the Compass Law Group team has a strong record of successful outcomes.
Our motorcycle injury attorneys will fight to help you obtain significant compensation, including:
- Lost income, present, and future
- Medical and rehabilitation costs
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Long-term nursing care
- Permanent scarring or another disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Final medical/ funeral costs, loss of financial/emotional support (in wrongful death cases)
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, turn to Compass Law Group. We will handle all the details of your claim and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. Because we realize that you are coping with high medical expenses and are unable to work, we will charge you no attorneys’ fees until we win your case. Please contact our office today for a free consultation.
This list isn’t all-inclusive many personal injury suits have been raised based on different factors that aren’t included above. Our team of Los Angeles car accident attorneys can work on cases without anything out of pocket.
We’re old enough to have the necessary experience, yet young enough to use the most cutting-edge technology and tactics, and are determined enough to fight and outsmart the other side, every time.