As Los Angeles roadways become more crowded with Uber drivers, Uber accidents with severe injuries become more common. At Compass Law Group, LLP, we know all too well the devastating effects of such injuries on victims and their families. Some of the most catastrophic injuries in an Uber accident result from serious burns that may require intensive, ongoing medical care and can result in complications, permanent scarring, or death.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious burns in an Uber accident in Los Angeles, you need more than expert medical care. You also need the wise legal counsel Compass Law Group will provide. Uber accidents, in which liability is often ambiguous and in which you are dealing with a large corporate entity, require a strong, relentless law team.
Our Uber accident attorneys are well-informed about all aspects of car accident law and have negotiation and litigation skills refined by years of experience. We also have a history of success winning substantial damages for our clients. More than that, we never charge any attorneys’ fees until we win your case.
Causes of Burn Injuries in California Uber Accidents
Burn injuries in traffic accidents can result from a number of causes, including:
- Airbag deployment at high speed that causes harsh friction burns
- Car fires or explosions that result from impacted gas tanks
- Leaks of chemicals being transported on large trucks
- Contact with scalding steam, oil, or liquids
- Electrical currents from downed power lines
It should be noted that four of the five types of burns distinguished by the American Burn Association (ABA) are represented here: thermal, chemical, electrical, and friction. (Radiation burns do not apply).
Although federal safety mandates require that gas tanks and radiators must be able to withstand collisions, defective automotive parts can, and sometimes do, result in horrendous fires and explosions.
When Serious Burns in an Uber Accident Result in Wrongful Death
If you have endured the tragedy of losing a family member to catastrophic burns in an Uber accident, we will stand by you as you cope with the trauma and do everything in our power to bring you a just verdict or settlement. We will work tirelessly to obtain compensation for final medical costs, your loved one’s end-of-life suffering, funeral or memorial services, and loss of financial and emotional support.
We Will Determine Where Liability for Your Uber Burn Injuries Rests
After the smoke has cleared and your burns are being given the urgent, intensive care warranted, Compass Law Group’s Uber accident attorneys will go to work investigating your case to determine who is responsible for the suffering you are enduring.
In Uber accidents, determining liability can be especially difficult. We will collaborate with accident reconstruction specialists to make sure that we target the right defendant(s). While the Uber corporation carries $1million in insurance for each of its drivers, it is only responsible for its drivers when they are “on the app,” i.e. actively working for the company. In some cases, however, we may be able to sue for more than the Uber limit.
Depending on the circumstances, we may be able to hold the Uber driver and/or company responsible or to file a claim against the other driver and/or another trucking or delivery company. It is also possible that it will be appropriate to file a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer or distributor of a defective gas tank or fuel line or even against the government agency charged with maintaining safe road surfaces or traffic signals.
No matter who is found to be at fault for your burn injuries, our Uber accident attorneys will fight aggressively to bring you the court award or negotiated settlement you need to recover without financial stress and look forward to a secure future.
How Burn Injuries Are Classified
The American Burn Association (ABA) distinguishes four levels of severity in burn injuries:
- First-degree burns, limited to the first layer of skin (epidermis), can be treated with home care, and typically heal quickly.
- Second-degree burns are more serious, blistering and injuring the under layer of skin (dermis); they may cause skin thickening and scarring.
- Third-degree burns go deeper, destroying not only two complete layers of skin, but underlying nerve tissue. They may be severe enough to require skin grafts and reconstructive surgery.
- Fourth-degree burns damage skin, nerve endings, fat, muscle, and bone, often causing permanent motor damage and disfiguring scarring in spite of multiple surgeries. Fourth-degree burns may be fatal.
All burn victims are at risk of complications, such as infections and blood clots, and often spend long periods in the hospital in isolated, sterile surroundings.
What Our Uber Accident Attorneys Will Do to Help
Once you become a client of Compass Law Group, your fight becomes our fight. We will offer you efficient, effective service as well as emotional support as you go through what is probably the most difficult period of your life. While you rest and recover, our lawyers will take over all legal and logistical matters, including:
- Investigating the site of your accident
- Obtaining and reviewing police reports
- Preparing all needed documents in a timely fashion
- Identifying and interviewing witnesses
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters and opposing counsel
Damages Compass Law Group Will Fight to Win for You and Your Family
Realizing that you are no doubt under financial stress as well as oppressed by physical and emotional trauma, we will use all every ounce of our legal prowess to obtain the following damages:
- Lost wages/lost earning power
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Rehabilitation and extended nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Permanent disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Don’t Wait — Contact Our Experienced California Uber Accident Attorneys Today
We understand how overwhelming your situation is now and are eager to help. Remember, the sooner you get in touch with us, the sooner we can begin lifting some of your heavy burdens. Burn injuries are among the most painful wounds, and Uber accidents are among the most complicated accidents, but Compass Law Group is up to the challenge. We have the dogged determination to fight tirelessly for your best interests.