Los Angeles UPS Accident Attorney
Considering the enormous number of UPS (United Parcel Service) deliveries made annually in the United States, the accident rate of their UPS vehicles is relatively low. Of course, that statistic is irrelevant if you are the victim of a collision with a UPS truck and have suffered a serious injury. If this has happened to you in California, you need more than the best medical care available. You also need the experienced, effective legal representation of Compass Law Group, LLP.
Contact us as soon as possible so that we can assess your situation to see whether you have a viable case. Once you become our client, we will begin working with strength and determination to obtain the compensation you need to see you through your present trauma and secure your future. We work on a contingency basis, so you will pay us no attorneys’ fee until we win you the damages you deserve.
Like all traffic accidents, UPS crashes have a variety of causes, some typical of all motor vehicle accidents, others particular to vehicles that make commercial deliveries. While all trucks are larger and heavier than cars and motorcycles (let alone bicycles and pedestrians), UPS vehicles are at greater risk of causing accidents because:
- UPS drivers work long days with little rest, making them prone to fatigue
- UPS drivers may take drugs to keep them alert that may impair their driving ability
- UPS drivers make numerous pickups and deliveries, often involving dangerous stops and pullouts on busy streets
- UPS drivers may be distracted by GPS navigation devices & messages from their central office
- UPS drivers, especially tractor-trailers, have to have specialized skills to maneuver these vehicles safely
In addition to the risk factors endemic to UPS and other delivery drivers, the UPS company may also be responsible, totally or partially, for increased accident risk by:
- Not vetting or training their drivers carefully enough
- Assigning less experienced drivers to routes because they make lower wages and therefore increase their employer’s profit margin
- Not maintaining their vehicles to required safety standards, failing to inspect them or repair them frequently enough for brake, steering, or lighting defects because they want as many trucks out on the road as possible at any given time
- Keeping their drivers to schedules that are too tight to allow for sufficient rest or that result in speeding or reckless driving
In many UPS accidents, both drivers and the UPS company can be held liable for the injuries caused by their vehicles. At Compass Law Group, we are committed to holding whichever parties are accountable for all of your medical costs, loss of income, and other costs related to your injuries.
There are several reasons it is important to have an attorney who is familiar with UPS accidents handle your case since there are several ways such an accident differs from a typical traffic collision. For example:
- UPS is self-insured for $1 million for each accident, considerably more than a private company is likely to cover
- UPS drivers are employees of the company, so in most cases, the company can be sued for damages if the driver is responsible for your injury
- UPS vehicles have equipment that records electronic data (e.g. speed, braking) that can be used to bolster your case
- Large companies like UPS have teams of high-power attorneys trying to keep your compensation as low as possible
- Other parties besides the driver may be responsible for a UPS accident, such as a warehouse employee who loaded the truck improperly or a road maintenance crew that did not repair a dangerous pothole
- The accident may have occurred outside of the driver’s working hours in which case UPS may try to claim they are not liable
If such complications arise in your case, it will be invaluable to have the knowledgeable, highly competent UPS accident attorneys of Compass Law on your side.
In any collision involving a UPS truck and your personal vehicle, you are likely to suffer greater property damage and more substantial injury than the UPS driver. Your injuries may be severe, catastrophic, or even fatal, and may include:
- Bone fractures
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Severe burns
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
If you have tragically lost a loved one in a UPS accident, Compass Law is ready to fight for your right to receive compensation for wrongful death.
Once we’re on the case, you can relax and begin to recover from your physical and emotional trauma. Compass Law Group is fully prepared to fight aggressively to obtain damages for your: medical and rehabilitation costs, lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, long-term care, permanent disability or disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life.
You can depend on us to use our superior legal skills to support you through this terrible ordeal and to work tirelessly to make sure that you and your family will have the resources you deserve to provide you with comfort and financial stability going forward.
This list isn’t all-inclusive many personal injury suits have been raised based on different factors that aren’t included above. Our team of Los Angeles car accident attorneys can work on cases without anything out of pocket.
We’re old enough to have the necessary experience, yet young enough to use the most cutting-edge technology and tactics, and are determined enough to fight and outsmart the other side, every time.