Los Angeles Premises Liability Attorney
At Compass Law Group, PC, our California premises liability attorneys have successfully won millions of dollars for clients who have been seriously injured due to the negligence of others. If you have suffered harm at the home of a neighbor, at a store, bank, government building, amusement park, or construction site, or on any other property owned by someone else, you may well be entitled to significant compensation. To give yourself the very best chance of winning the damages you deserve, do yourself a favor and engage the services of one of our first-rate premises liability attorneys.
In California, as throughout the United States, landowners or managers owe a duty of care to those who come onto their property to visit, shop, service, sell, or even — under some circumstances — to trespass. If their negligence (e.g. failing to repair a broken step or clean up a spill) is the cause of injuries incurred on the property they own or manage, they may be liable for all costs related to the accident.
The law holds property owners responsible for keeping their property safe and for warning others of dangers they are, or should be, aware of. Therefore, if you have taken a bad fall because of a slippery walkway at your neighbor’s home or been bitten by her dog, or if you were made ill by toxic fumes in the local supermarket, Compass Law’s skilled attorneys may be able to file a lawsuit on your behalf and win you substantial damages.
Unfortunately, there are a great many hazards that can cause injuries to guests, customers, vendors, clients, neighbors and others who step onto another’s property. The following list is a sampling, not meant to be all-inclusive, but it gives you an idea of why premises liability cases are so numerous:
- Falls due to slippery floors or broken banisters, obstructions, or holes
- Burns or inhalation injuries due to absence or failure of smoke or CO2 detectors
- Criminal attacks that could have been prevented by better lighting or security
- Dog bites, attacks, or overly exuberant greetings
- Exposure to toxic substances, such as mold or fumes
- Shocks or electrocution due to faulty wiring
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator or escalator accidents
At Compass Law, we have extensive experience with premises liability lawsuits and have an outstanding record of successful litigation. If you have suffered a serious injury and you believe your injury is the result of someone else’s negligence, contact us for a free consultation. We will listen carefully to your story and determine whether you have a viable case. Once we determine that you do, we will dedicate ourselves to helping you receive the compensation you need and deserve. We will use our well-honed courtroom strategies to fight for your cause and never charge you any attorneys’ fees until we win you damages.
The law is clear on what specifically has to be proven in order to win a premises liability case.
Four elements have to be satisfied:
- Duty — We must show that the property owner had a responsibility to keep his/her property safe through maintenance and repair or by explicitly warning others of the existing danger.
- Breach of Duty — We must show that the property owner breached that duty of care by (1) neglecting to clean up or repair the hazard and (2) failing to warn visitors of its existence
- Causation — We must show that your injury was directly caused by the breach of duty
- Measurable Losses — We must prove that you have suffered actual damages, such as medical costs and lost income, as a result of the injury caused by the breach.
Despite the legalese of these requirements, you needn’t worry. Our sharp premises liability attorneys are well-prepared to substantiate all four elements in your case.
Compass Law Group Attorneys Will Leave No Stone Unturned
Whether you have been incapacitated by a fracture or dislocation, internal injuries, severe burns, or a spinal cord injury, we are well aware that you have been impacted emotionally and financially as well as physically. We are not only effective lawyers but caring human beings. We will do everything we can to lessen your burden by:
- Handling all communications with insurance adjusters and opposing attorneys
- Investigating the site of your accident
- Examining police records and medical reports
- Investigating any history of similar negligence by the defendant
- Interviewing witnesses
- Consulting with experts in pertinent fields who may be able to bolster your case
We will stand by you no matter what happens, working tirelessly to help you and your family obtain sufficient funds to restart your life.
Depending on the nature of your injuries, we will go to trial armed with tactics designed to persuade the court that you require a settlement large enough to cover and compensate you for:
- Medical and rehabilitation costs
- Property damage (e.g. a broken expensive watch)
- Lost income and possible lost wage-earning capacity
- Long-term care of a permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring or other disfigurements
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In the aftermath of your life-altering accident, you are no doubt overwhelmed. That gives you all the more reason to call on Compass Law Group. We are ready to leverage our hard-won reputation for excellence and integrity in order to move your case forward. We are committed to doing everything possible to win you the damages you deserve, and we will always treat you with compassion and respect.
This list isn’t all-inclusive many personal injury suits have been raised based on different factors that aren’t included above. Our team of Los Angeles car accident attorneys can work on cases without anything out of pocket.
We’re old enough to have the necessary experience, yet young enough to use the most cutting-edge technology and tactics, and are determined enough to fight and outsmart the other side, every time.