Los Angeles Rear-End Accident Attorney
Rear-end collisions are quite common, accounting for 29 percent of all vehicular crashes, often occurring in slow-moving city traffic as well as on highways. They are nearly always the result of negligence. Even when such accidents occur at low speed and cause little damage to the cars involved, they can still result in serious personal injuries. If you have been injured in a rear-end accident in California, you owe it to yourself to contact Compass Law Group, LLP. We have impeccable credentials — including a 10.0 rating (Superb) from Avvo, a track record of success, and a well-earned reputation for effective, caring service.
Like all car accidents, rear-end collisions are jarring and disorienting. Because of the sudden jolt to the body, victims frequently sustain whiplash or back injuries that may not show symptoms until days after the crash. For this reason, it is very important to have a preemptive medical examination, even if you don’t believe you have been hurt. Many people who feel all right immediately after the collision have actually incurred painful long-term injuries.
Just as you should be proactive about your physical health after a rear-end accident, you should act promptly to protect your legal rights. This is why it is wise to contact (or have a loved one contact) our skilled attorneys as soon as possible. The more quickly you get in touch with us, the more likely we are to be able to:
- Gather evidence while it is fresh
- Have easy access to medical records and police reports
- Interview witnesses while their memories are fresh
- Act as your representative with insurance adjusters and opposing attorneys so that you don’t agree to an inadequate settlement
Too many accident victims make the mistake of talking to insurance adjusters before seeking legal counsel and inadvertently make statements that may be used to weaken their case. Letting our experienced, savvy car accident attorneys handle your case from the very beginning can make all the difference in a just resolution.
It is easy to see why almost all rear-end collisions are considered to be the fault of the driver behind since 81 percent of such collisions occur when the front vehicle has already stopped. Because the rules of the road require all drivers to maintain a safe distance from the car in front of them and to be attentive at all times, it is almost always clear that the driver behind has not been obeying the law.
Common factors responsible for rear-end collisions include:
- Tailgating (following the front car too closely)
- Inattention or distracted driving (while eating, texting, adjusting mirrors, radios, etc.)
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Driving while drowsy or fatigued
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
Of course, external factors, such as those listed below may also be a primary or contributory cause of a rear-end collision:
- Bad weather (rain/snow/sleet/ fog/hail/sun glare) negatively affecting visibility or traction
- Damaged pavement or debris on the roadway
- An animal in the road
- A mechanical defect in one of the vehicles (e.g. faulty brakes on the rear car or faulty hazard lights on the front car)
In some cases, therefore, fault lies with a third party, such as a car manufacturer or repair shop, or, depending on the location of the accident, the county, city or state agency responsible for maintaining the road in question. In such cases, Compass Law Group is fully prepared to file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible third-party to help you obtain the compensation you are entitled to.
There are a great many components to being an excellent lawyer. The lead attorneys at Compass Law Group have strong skill sets that include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the law
- Ability and desire to communicate directly
- Capacity to make cogent arguments and to be persuasive
- Ability to do effective legal research
- Connections to others attorneys and experts in various related fields
- Experience in sharp negotiation and aggressive litigation
- Desire to be inclusive and serve all members of the community
Evidence of the inclusive nature of our practice is the fact that we are fluent in both Spanish and Farsi.
We Will Fight Vigorously To Win You the Damages You Deserve
When you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, the law entitles you to compensation for costs related to your injury. Depending on your particular situation, you may receive damages for:
- Medical and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income, present, and future
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Extended nursing care
- Permanent scarring or other disfigurements
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If your family has suffered the tragedy of losing a loved one to wrongful death, Compass Law Group will fight to win you damages to pay for final medical costs, funeral costs, and loss of financial and emotional support.
Though it rarely happens, if you are found to bear some blame for a collision in which your car was rear-ended, our lawyers will still work hard to obtain damages for you. All states make provisions for comparative negligence, meaning the court assigns each party a percentage of blame. Here in California, we follow the principle of “pure comparative negligence,” which means that you can collect even if the court determines that you are more at fault than the other party — you will simply have your percentage of blame deducted from the awarded settlement.
Contact our dedicated rear-end accident attorneys today to schedule a free, initial consultation.
This list isn’t all-inclusive many personal injury suits have been raised based on different factors that aren’t included above. Our team of Los Angeles car accident attorneys can work on cases without anything out of pocket.
We’re old enough to have the necessary experience, yet young enough to use the most cutting-edge technology and tactics, and are determined enough to fight and outsmart the other side, every time.