Los Angeles Garbage Truck Accident Attorney
If you have been seriously hurt in a garbage truck accident in California, in all probability you feel overwhelmed by the physical, emotional, and financial trauma that results from such a calamity. Simon Estandi, Esq. and Joseph Shirazi, Esq., lead attorneys at Compass Law Group, LLP, are dedicated to fighting for the rights of personal injury victims in Los Angeles and throughout California. We would like nothing better than to provide you with the very best in legal representation and a rare level of compassionate concern.
Our combination of legal knowledge and sharp courtroom skills have given us an outstanding record of success. Not only have we won recognition as top lawyers in the country; we have won millions of dollars for our grateful clients. Why not put us to work for you and your loved ones? Because we understand the financial difficulties you are probably facing as a result of your incapacity, your first consultation with us is free and we will charge you no attorneys’ fees until we win your case.
While generally dismissed as large, slow, cumbersome vehicles few view as dangerous, garbage trucks can present real hazards to drivers and pedestrians. In fact, an alarming uptick in injuries and fatalities due to garbage truck accidents in 2019 was reported by the Solid Waste Association of North America.
It is not only garbage trucks that are enormous; the sanitation corporations that own them are often powerful, well-connected companies with substantial clout. Nevertheless, Compass Law Group’s team of powerful attorneys is well-prepared to level the playing field and to fight tooth and nail to win you a just settlement or verdict. We know you and your family are depending on us to protect your rights when you’re most vulnerable and we take that responsibility very seriously.
Reasons for garbage truck accidents include the facts that garbage trucks:
- Are enormous in size and weight
- Travel early in the morning when it is often still dark
- Make numerous, unpredictable stops
- Work in residential and heavily populated areas
- Are free to ignore many traffic regulations (e.g. driving on the wrong side of the street, down bicycle paths, or the wrong way down one-way streets)
- Are difficult to turn and have large blind spots (workers on the back of the truck have to signal the driver when it’s safe to move the vehicle)
- Are rushing to meet deadlines
- Are allowed to have workers ride outside the vehicle and jump on and off
- Carry sanitation workers who frequently toss garbage cans to the side of the road
If you have been severely injured in a garbage truck accident due to someone else’s negligence, you are legally entitled to economic and non-economic damages. Our excellent team of garbage truck accident attorneys will fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
While garbage truck drivers are legally permitted to disregard some traffic laws while engaged in sanitation pickups, drivers and/or their employers can still be held liable for causing you harm if:
- The truck did not have working hazard lights, mirrors, or back-up alarms
- The driver was impaired, distracted, or overly fatigued while driving
- The driver did not receive adequate training or supervision
- The truck was not properly inspected or did not receive necessary repairs
- Trash or trash containers were handled carelessly
If the negligence of the garbage truck driver, one of the other workers on the truck, or the employing company caused your injuries, you are entitled to damages and we will do everything in our power to see that you receive them. Whatever you have suffered– fractures, burns, neuromuscular damage, crush injuries, traumatic brain injury (TBI), or other serious or catastrophic injuries, we will see you through this awful experience. If you have tragically lost a loved one in this accident, we will file a wrongful death lawsuit on your behalf.
Our accident attorneys are well-practiced in the field of litigation and have in-depth knowledge of traffic law in California. We are well-aware of which steps to take and when to take them, and we will leave no stone unturned in our efforts to win you just compensation. We will:
- Draft and review any necessary documents
- Contact and communicate with insurance adjusters and opposing attorneys
- Examine police reports and medical data
- Investigate the accident site and photograph or videograph our findings as necessary
- Check the backgrounds of the driver and the garbage company for previous negligence
- Interview any witnesses of the accident
- Consult with professionals whose expert testimony may bolster your case
- Keep you informed of important developments
Although we will always keep you in the loop, we will not lose sight of the fact that your primary task now is healing and will not bother you unnecessarily.
Depending on the particular circumstances of your case, we will work hard to obtain damages for:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income, present and future
- Psychological counseling
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent scarring or other disfigurement
- Long-term nursing care
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you are pursuing a wrongful death claim, we will make a strong case to recover damages for final medical costs, funeral expenses, and loss of financial/emotional support.
This list isn’t all-inclusive many personal injury suits have been raised based on different factors that aren’t included above. Our team of Los Angeles car accident attorneys can work on cases without anything out of pocket.
We’re old enough to have the necessary experience, yet young enough to use the most cutting-edge technology and tactics, and are determined enough to fight and outsmart the other side, every time.