Los Angeles Road Construction Accident Attorney
Compass Law Group, PC is an accomplished personal injury law firm with a number of offices throughout California. We have a well-earned reputation for providing excellent legal services to victims of road construction accidents. Our clients may be motorists, construction workers, flaggers or pedestrians; we treat them all with the kindness and respect they deserve.
If you have suffered a serious injury in a road construction accident, you need an aggressive road construction car accident attorney to protect your rights and fight for the compensation you’re entitled to. Because we know how challenging your situation is, we will be happy to meet with you for a free consultation and, if we take your case, to charge you no attorneys’ fees until we win you the damages you deserve.
Because road construction obstructs normal traffic flow with tape, flashing lights, traffic cones, signs, barrels, electrical tools, heavy machinery, and construction materials, construction sites are dangerous places. And there are so many of them! It is estimated that almost 20 percent of the U.S. highway system is under construction during peak season, so it is not altogether unexpected thousands are injured in these accidents, too many of them fatally.
There are many reasons for the frequency of road construction accidents. Most likely, the enormous number of construction sites is at the top of the list. Causes of work zone traffic accidents include:
- Work zones that are not well-marked
- Work zones for which there is insufficient warning of lane changes or closures
- Spillage of slippery substances or construction debris blocking the driving lanes
- Incomplete or non-existent highway division, lane markers or edge lines
- Equipment problems that may block the roadway, resulting in delays and illegal passing
- Incorrect or insufficient speed limit signs
- Motorists who ignore reduced speed limits in work zones
If you are an innocent victim of a road construction accident, there may be more than one person or entity to blame for your injury. A construction company, an independent contractor, another motorist, a safety inspection company or a government agency may be responsible. No matter what your particular situation is, our attorneys have your back.
Although motorists are supposed to be driving more carefully and at slower speeds when moving through work zones, it is surprising how many disregard this directive. When they do so they endanger the lives of workers, motorists, passengers and pedestrians. Those who survive such accidents may suffer:
- Bone Fractures
- Back and neck injuries
- Excessive bleeding
- Organ damage
- Loss of limb
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Any of the above can lead to surgery, temporary incapacity, or permanent disability. The medical costs alone can be enormous, especially in the face of reduced income. This is why you need our strong car accident attorneys. We will fight hard to ensure that you receive realistic compensation to see you through what may well be the most difficult period of your life.
Our attorneys are fully prepared to take all necessary steps to successfully litigate your case. While you are recuperating from your physical and emotional trauma, we will:
- Take over all legal and insurance communications and paperwork
- Investigate the site of the accident and photograph it in detail
- Examine police records
- Check out whether there have been any other accidents at this construction site
- Investigate responsible entities to see if they have any prior history of unsafe conduct
- Find out whether another involved motorist was impaired or distracted at the time of the accident, or has a history of reckless driving
- Interview witnesses
- Consult with experts who may be able to testify on your behalf in court
We will make every effort to prove that your injury was the result of another party’s negligence. Our adept litigation lawyers will work hard and long to make sure you receive the damages that will help you restart your life.
We are well aware that your serious injury is, most likely, keeping you away from work and the pleasures of everyday life. In addition to causing you physical pain, it is undoubtedly emotionally distressing for you and your loved ones. If you are like most people in your situation, you are also worried about your finances. These are precisely the reasons you should put yourself in our capable hands. We have the legal and strategic skills to win you damages for:
- Medical, surgical, and rehabilitation costs
- Psychological counseling
- Lost wages, present and future
- Property repair or replacement
- Nursing and home care services, long-term if needed
- Alterations to make your home accessible
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Funeral expenses, final medical costs, loss of support (in cases of wrongful death)
In cases in which intention to harm or illegality is involved, the court may also award punitive damages. Though money will not wipe out the misery of a serious injury or the tragedy of a wrongful death, monetary compensation is essential to reconstructing your former lifestyle and protecting your family going forward.
Compass Law Group is ready to take over the legal and logistical matters that are weighing you down. Contact us so that we can help you and your loved ones stop worrying about your financial security and start planning for your future.
This list isn’t all-inclusive many personal injury suits have been raised based on different factors that aren’t included above. Our team of Los Angeles car accident attorneys can work on cases without anything out of pocket.
We’re old enough to have the necessary experience, yet young enough to use the most cutting-edge technology and tactics, and are determined enough to fight and outsmart the other side, every time.